I hate reluctant "hello"(s); they're awkward. I just experienced one today. Of course, I waved and said hi back... I just hope there was no one behind me. Actually, that brings me a "sort of" point. Why exactly are people reluctant to say hi to someone they've just met the day before or someone they see regularly in class? I don't know. Sure, they don't want to feel rejected because there's always that possibility that hangs when the recepient of your kind hello decides to be an asshole and pretends not to notice or awkwardly says hi back either because they think they're too cool for you or they're just dumb. Well, no let's be honest here... no one wants to feel stupid. Yes, I just felt stupid. It's been about 30 minutes ago exactly I believe. I walked into Cafe Ventanas for a drink. Simply just a drink. Of course, me being me, it's never just that. It can never just be about getting "just" a drink. I always have to run in to an awkward acquaintance, some socially awkward person that I've vaguely made friends with, someone too shy to say hi for me (therefore instigating an awkward exchange of hello's), etc. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with this, there's nothing absurd or special about this; it happens to everyone routinely. I'm sure of it. The only thing is... I guess I give off this false sense of confidence to others... it's an especially popular thought shared among kids I've met in one of those "hipster" classes like "History of Film" for example where our first conversation was sparked, usually, by an obscure band or indie film... anyway, back on point. I give off this false sense of confidence to others that somehow radiates, "Hey, I spoke to you, however I'm too cool for you; therefore only greet me with awkward hello's whenever I see you out in public". Yeah, terrif. Sometimes I wish that I didn't come off as cold, snobby, or whatever it is. I hate life. I realize that this blog sounds a lot like me selling myself with hyperbolic anecdotes; well, let's be honest here... I sound full of myself. So full, in fact so full that it's obese. I just felt like making it known that yes, I'm human too. I deserve warm hello's, not awkward ones. Yeah, it's also a really sloppy blog, poor on the grammar end, sucks on structure, definitely lacking on both diction and syntax... perhaps lacking a little on direction?
On another note I guess, I just feel like sharing my class schedule for Spring Quarter. Just because it's fabulous. No, because it took me 3 hours to figure out. haha
Well here it is:
Monday:
-LTFR2A (Intermediate French Lit) 10AM-10:50AM
-LTWL19C (Literatures of the World, Greek and Roman Myth) 2PM-2:50PM
-MMW3 (Making of the Modern World, Medieval Ages) 3PM-3:50PM
Tuesday:
-LTFR2A Section 10AM-10:50AM
-LTEU110(European Romanticism) 12:30PM-1:50PM
Wednesday:
-same as monday
-plus MMW3 Discussion 4PM-4:50PM
Thursday:
-LTEU110
Friday:
-exactly the same as Wednesday
Shameless ranting.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
apparently
i cant give you a warm hello either
i went to asia hall today because i still had some time on my parking pass
but alas, you werent there.
instead whoever opened the door gave me a confused look
couldnt say i didnt try. >_<
Post a Comment